Friday 11 November 2016

Gallaher Ltd. - The Great War ~ Victoria Cross Heroes ~ 2nd Series (02) - Card Promotions Reprint (2001)


1915
The Great War - Victoria Cross Heroes - 2nd Series
Gallaher Ltd. / Card Promotions
25 cards (1 football)

I featured the original card some time ago, but as it is Armistice Day I though I would include this reprint from 2001. A footballer who received the Victoria Cross for bravery and who was attached to a professional football club. Lance-Corporal William Angus was with Glasgow Celtic. I've also attached a contemporary illustration from a book called 'The Great War'.

45.  Lance-Corporal Wm. Angus, V.C. (8th Batt. Highland Light Infantry, T.F.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, though it will not appear straight away, as I will need to authorize it.